Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Reflection

So, after taking the pre test for algebra I have decided that this class is going to be tough for me.  It has been a long time since I have done more than basic algebra.  I remember learning about slope, x and y intercepts, graphing the functions and inequalities and solving equations, but I don't remember how to do those things let alone teach them.  Hopefully it will all come back to me, but this class might be a challenge for me.

The assignment "How Much Do I Weigh" was challenging.  I was able to figure out the first page no problem, but really struggled with pages 2 and 3.  Is there a trick or a simpler way to do those problems that I am missing?  Is there some algebraic expression that I should have picked up on to the those pages less painful?  If yes, I'd like to know what I should have done to solve those problems.

No comments: